Thursday 19 March 2015

Freebies

 

IMG_6689With rain first thing on Monday morning we never pulled pins until 09.55 when it eventually stopped. Passing over the iron trunk Aqueduct at Cosgrove and Hamish makes the most of the view.

IMG_6721On our journey towards Wolverton we noticed some really bad vibration on the stern Of Inca, So when we arrived Carolyn went off to do a Tesco shop while i went down the weed hatch. And the picture above shows you what i found wrapped around the propeller. It took me over 10 minutes to cut it all off with a knife and was it bloody cold or WOT. I had to cut a bit then try and warm my hand and arm before then trying to pull off what i had cut. I think we need to try and find some long gauntlets to buy for the next time it happens.

IMG_6698When ever we go under a railway bridge like this one at Wolverton we always keep one eye looking up for those pesky little Pigeons. I'm sure they would have great pleasure doing one on my head.

IMG_6708I love it, Freebies …..More free fishing tackle . The Fishermen cast out from the towpath and then their lures get stuck in the trees and their line snaps and they kindly leave their tackle for me…..Just the ticket !!!!

IMG_6712Passing the church at Great Linford and what lovely trees Ann (Nb Oakfield) .

IMG_6710Springs here !!

IMG_6719Good name for a boat . I guess they love their dogs. I wonder why there's a teapot on the roof ?

IMG_6722We finally moored at Giffard Park at 14.30 after filling with water and dumping the you know what at the services . With a Chinese takeaway just a 100 yards away guess what I'm having for dinner tonight. Yum Yum.

                                                                                                            Happy Days

1 comment:

  1. good blog loved the picture of hammish.

    ReplyDelete