The former water mill lies between the River Colne and the Grand Union canal and is within the Harefield Conservation Area.
The current building stands on the site of the original mill, which was recorded in the Doomsday Book of 1086.
As legend goes, Blackjacks Mill was named after a serf who used to deliver flour using a donkey and cart. He was a cruel man and treated the animal so badly that local children used to call after him, "Black tempered Jack!" Over the years the name transferred to the mill
We then picked up a mooring before Harefield marina and were joined by Gary and Della (nb Muleless) and Rich and Sharon (nb Oakapple) . Again the chairs came out and a most enjoyable afternoon was had. It was made even better when Della cooked us all a lovely Cottage pie with Apple crumble for dessert . It was to be our last day with Gary and Della as they were nearly at the end of their journey South, although we should hopefully meet up again later in the year.