We eventually discovered that the calorifier had sprung a leak from around a weld where the emersion element was fitted. No problem I thought as I have some chemical metal that would surely seal it. After applying the chemical metal and leaving it a few hours to harden fully we put the water pump back on only for the leak to be worse than it was before. I think that by using some sand paper to make a key for the chemical metal to stick to I made it worse.
It was now essential to get it replaced as soon as possible . After talking to several local boaters most of them recommended The Boatyard at Hilperton where we had got the cheap diesel. So after a phone call they managed to fit us in within a couple of days.
Unfortunately we haven't spent as long in Bath as we wanted but needs must and we pull pins and head through Cleveland tunnel before winding and then heading back East towards Hilperton.
Eventually after several hours of work and being £548 lighter in the wallet (ouch that hurt) its all fitted and working fine with no leaks .
We have a few more days with Curly before she heads back to Devon for the rest of her summer school term, so we will start to do a few miles heading back towards the river Thames. Then no doubt she will be back up again at the end of July.